Your journey has begun
Moving to another country, another culture, another language, changing jobs, a new school for the kids, rebuilding your family’s and your own social life… These are some of the reasons why moving to another country can be very stressful for expatriates. So, it’s very important that they are properly helped by a person who knows the area and the customs well. Marleen and Lynn are your personal advisors.
First things to do:
When you think about moving abroad..
Looking for a house or apartment is one of the first things to do on your list. Whether you are a private individual, company manager or employee having to relocate, Globe Properties efficiently finds the property you’re looking for (to buy or to rent).
Furthermore, Globe Properties provides a professional service for you and your family. We assist with practical and administrative issues, already before you arrive in Belgium.
Let me take care of your relocation to Belgium !
Services & Extra Wishes
Globe Properties offers you a wide range of services. You pay only for the services you need, besides the standard home search package.
What is making us so EXCLUSIVE ?
We go house hunting while the expat is still in the home country. The expat can follow each visit via video call and ask questions directly to the owner or real estate agent. Of course, at the end of the day, we provide feedback on the properties visited.
All administration (candidacy, contract, transfer of utilities, etc.) is also taken care of by us in the meantime.
Finally, the expat can travel to Belgium and focus 100% on work and exploring the new environment. No stress, no problems. The expat receives the key of the new home upon arrival. Pure luxury. No hotel or Airbnb for a couple of weeks necessary.
Our customers come from all corners of the world. We have always received enthusiastic reviews about the way we work. Curious about what else we have to offer? Take a look at our home search package and extra wishes.
Video call with expat :
- Introduction of our company & services
- Information about real estate in Belgium
- Discussing the details of the relocation of expat
- Housing profile of expat
- Documents needed
- Questions from the expats
Search for house / apartment online , in real estate network and on social media
Providing a list of suitable properties to expat
Planning appointments with landlords/real estate agencies to visit the accommodations
Visit + guidance of properties (in case expat is still abroad/in quarantine: videocall during visit).
Administration lease contract + verifying contract is according to Belgian laws
Arranging transfer of all utilities (gas, water and electricity): all documents
Organize appointment expert for incoming survey + review the report together with expat. In case of remarks: sending them to expert
Contact with bank to arrange:
- Fire insurance
- Opening bank accounts (you only have to pick up your card at the branch when you arrive)
Handover of keys at arrival day
All our competitors work with packages. Globe Properties is UNIQUE and works à la carte. This means that besides the home search package, expats are free to add and pay only for the services they need. Below you find extra wishes of our clients that are frequently asked.
Assistance temporary short term (furnished) accommodation:
- Search of properties
- Providing a list of properties
- Calling the agencies
- Complete the booking
Day of arrival:
Grocery shopping: Arriving first day and no time to do groceries? Send us a list of needs. 100% guaranteed that you won’t have an empty fridge! Arriving first day and no car yet, but want to do your own groceries? No problem, I can bring you to the supermarket for 1 hour.
!We're the only agency offering this service!
Pick up from airport
Exploring environment (Showing you supermarkets, doctors, hospitals, public transport facilities, shopping areas, banks, pharmacies, …)
Internet / SIM card / TV / WIFI: we pick you up and drive to a provider in your neighborhood. We explain all services and translate in the shop.
Search for schools + guidance (From daycare until University):
- discuss with expat which schooling system suits the children
- discuss with expat which schools are available at an acceptable distance from the future residence/work location
- arrange video calls with the directors of selected schools
- accompany expat on visits to the selected schools
- assist with the enrolment: Gathering of documents required for registration, admission and fees required
Holiday camps/leisure for children:
- discuss with expat which camps/sports
- providing information
Changing driving license:
- provide the expat with information on procedure and required documents
- coordinate possible appointments
Address registration + ID cards
- inform about required documents and procedure
- inform on legalization of documents
- coordinate appointment
- accompany the expat during the appointment
Find work for partner:
- Review of CV + translation to Dutch in case it is in English.
- Resume will be sent to +25 recruitment companies and employers.
- I give advice about possible job interview questions in Belgium (preparation) and I attend the first job interview online to guide you through the process.
!We are the only agency offering this service!
Belgian traffic rules:
Are you coming from U.S., Africa or Asia? Be aware of differences in traffic rules.
We will drive together in your neighborhood for 30min, explaining most of traffic signs and rules. We show you what to do at benzine stations and how to use the parking meters at the streets.
After driving around, we hand you over a printed up-to-date version of all Belgian traffic rules & traffic signs.
- Health insurance / other insurances
- Language classes
- Cross cultural training
- Document translation (by sworn translators)
- Immigration laywer / other lawyer
Providing information about documentation and examinations needed to relocate your pet and being accepted in Belgium
Special care of pets:
- Providing contact details of cat / dog sitters
- Providing information + contact details of vets close to your new home
- Providing contact details for the relocation (transfer) of the pets
Providing contact details of moving companies that ship furniture
Your furniture is arriving before you do? We will have the key of your new home and let the movers in. Same idea for furniture ordered online, for example from Ikea.
Providing information of companies that rent out furniture and equipment
Another wish or need? Let us know and we find a solution together. We are flexible!